Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

flew today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:28 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default flew today!

I picked up my newer 6 ch radio the other day cause I knew better weather was coming....turned on the .10 Rascal and the throttle was backward, so I push in the 2 buttons to start changing things around,,nothing happens?..so I grabbed the manual in case I was doing something wrong....nope I did it right, something is wrong with my Tx....well, I pop it, keep trying, then thought hmmm wonder if I drain the battery whatever is stuck in memory will die with it,,so I removed the battery and hooked it to a couple of 12 volt lights,,didnt take too long to kill it....I charge it back up for a few hours and same thing wont change into mode.....well alittle more messing around and I found out , that if I press the 2 buttons at the same time and move the trainer stick forward..it works?...uh-oh I got myself a short in here...now every 3rd ,4th time I try it will go into mode, so I cant trust it anymore....and no hell I will not send it to tower, it already went there.....so out with the older radio, I keep it charged too,, anyhow I get to the field and bonus the tree company is working so I dont have to open the gate!..so I pull in and this guy motions me to go around, but he's on the other side of the truck so I point to the fallen pylon blocking my way..(ya had to be there) so he again points and waves me around....so I get out and walk over to pick up and move the pylon, well now ,like 4 guys pile outa the truck looking at me (while the 1st guy is shaking his head because I am too stupid to drive) and see whats going on,,so I drive to the field,,,plane,fuel, box, radio...I get the old syringe out and start to draw fuel in CRACK! syringe splits, uh-oh..hmmm open box, hey theres that old hand cranker and bonus the electric one I've never tried before...hook it to the battery, fidgit around for a sec, and it takes about 2 seconds to fill a 1 oz tank!!...Now I'm getting air bubbles in the line, find that problem, fix it, finally get it running and throw it, hahaha its all over the place but climbing, so I let it get 5 mistakes high spend half the tank trimming it out,,,,now were cookin with gas!...oop, deadstick....pick up a thermal for just a bit, but the .10 and the trim I had to put in made it come in pretty quick, well I had to circle around too low, so it was either the gravel road or the swamp, I picked the road , trust me I've walked in that swamp before, ya'll remember that really stupid movie "Frogs"...yeah....well it hit, bounced, and nosed in hard enough to break the wing free,,doesnt look like too hard of a repair..but I may have to buy parts off the sig site, half the windshield broke off...collected a few bits and pieces and went home....it was truly a "what else is gonna happen day"..I need another radio, but am unemployed, I could put my 2.4 in my stick, but I dont want to switch it back and forth from the heli...and those 2.4rx's are too high right now....so then I went home and got on my scoot and rode off into the sunset.......................Rog
Old 03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: flew today!

Sounds like a typical day at the field. Well done, Rog.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:59 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Rog, after reading your post.....I don't think I wanna try flying this year....[]
Old 03-10-2010, 01:04 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TB if that was a typical day for me I woulda quit a long time ago!!!.....CP, dang I didnt think anyone's story could turn you off of the nitro!!!!..........Rog
Old 03-10-2010, 02:09 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rog, if it makes you feel any better, my last two trips to the field resulted in only seconds of flight time. Thankfully no crashes, just engine, fuel, syringe, etc troubles.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 PM
wolfy888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tee-hee, makes me want to go piss off the HOA next door....hey mister, your grass is a quarter-inch too long! I suppose the golf club would have a fit about the noise, but they no longer own the course, and it's closed anyway. Hmmm....
Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Met a group of fellow flying club members yesterday morning for a maintenance work session. When the work was complete we broke out the planes and had a blast the rest of the day just flying and joking around. Everything from a giant-scale turbine powered Huey down to my TD .010 powered El Pongito was flown. It was a good day at the field.