Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cyclon 049?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
britcardoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclon 049?

We're going 1/2 A racing.

Where do I find a Cyclon .049? Used is OK.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:02 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Cyclon 049?

Try the MACA website for control line model combat. They have a talk forum and also a seller / buyer forum.
Another thought is to get in touch with whatever the free-flight guys have for a website.

Doug Galbreath is the main guy in the USA who buys small batches of Cyclons from Aleksandr Kalmykov. Problem is, he waits until a handfull of orders are placed through him before he pulls the trigger on an order. You could end up waiting a few months. Galbreath also orders the engines without the real nice Cyclon needle and substitutes a cheaper SuperTigre style NVA. He's a great guy to work with though.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 AM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could also consider one of the new Profi's-at ca $140-160 US they're affordable-the Cyclons have gone up in price massively over the past year or so. See www.flycontrolline.com for Profi's Doug Galbreath is at: www.the-printer.net/DookCat.html Be prepared to pay USD $250 or more to get a new one in your hands. If you can cobble together an order for 10 or more you can get large discounts on the purchase price from Aleksandr Kalmykov

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Old 03-13-2010, 03:36 PM
wolfy888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for the links, ChrisM; I say WOWEE! to the Profi's. Decision was instant on both a 1cc and a 6.5cc; 34k+ should really P.O. the HOA here, and they won't be able to do a thing about it since they don't own the land I'm flying on.... Will have to post results once I lay hands on them.