Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

MicroServer

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:31 PM
carlosam

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default MicroServer

I intend to build a model airplane trainer with about 48 "wingspan and engine os.15 and weight of 35 oz .
I wonder if I can use this MicroServer "NARO PRO D" ( http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...ub%20micro.htm ) .
Some people say you can not use micro servo in glow.
Somebody indicates some?
Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
coriolan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MicroServer

For a plane that size and weight a standard servo would be better, micro servos are intended for electric parkflyer with low vibration and stress. Gear won't last long with a more than 2 pound
plane and .15 power. Standard servos also have grommets to isolate the servo's from vibrations
Old 08-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well standard servos are a bit over the top for a .15 model I think. It is enough with something in between like the HS-81 for instance, they also have the rubber grommets for vibrational damping.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:11 PM
alcarafa

I've build a 38" wingspan ugly stick , tiporare and a sure shark with a magnum XLS 15 used one micro servo on each aileron, never had any problems with them

This are the ones I used :

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ec_Micro_Servo
Old 08-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are the same as the tower hobbies ones I think. I don't trust the stuff from HC, you get what you pay for and it is probably fine in a foamy with electric motor on it, but if you're spending time and money on a real plane with a proper engine, then one might as well put in real servos.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:32 PM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with Mr Cox, the HS-81's are good choice for a .15 airplane. enough, but not overkill.
I'm sure the HXT900's would work, for a while...
Dave
$12 a pop, currently back-ordered tohough....
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9815
Old 08-15-2010, 06:37 PM
carlosam

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think so,
If I make a small model, weighing around 35 oz because I can not use light equipment.
Standart servos weigh around 1.5 0z while for the GWS micro quoted as weighing 0.5 oz, 4oz there can reduce the total weight of these servos and GWS have rubber dampening vibration.
I also intend to use the berg 4 channel receiver, and I believe we can reduce the total weight to around a 30 oz or less.
The suggestion to use the HS 81 also found very good and I believe we would not have problems because I consider a very reliable servant.

I am very grateful to everyone and believe that the discussion could be extended with the experience of those who use and how it has done to prevent the vibrations in their models.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:10 PM
hllywdb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used micro servos in planes up to .25 (38" wing) BUT not the cheap ones. I have used both the hs-55's (dual aileron servos) and have also had good luck with the Great Planes 9g servos. The hs-81's are a great choice too, but you must use dual aileron servos unless you are using a standard servo. I would suggest using a full size servo on the rudder, as it will usually strip the gears out of the small servo's.