Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Hey CP, Possible SWR for ya!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hey CP, Possible SWR for ya!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Hey CP, Possible SWR for ya!

Found a file with some sheet wing Reedie Racer ideas that I'd worked on back in '04. Seems like they may fit in with your desire to make nicel looking semi scale but very low drag Sorta Scale designs for your Fora. They'd likely also be fun for Sure Starts. These small scale 2 views are about as far as I got before some other nonsense lured me away.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pn36418.gif
Views:	18
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1487906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49886.gif
Views:	23
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1487907  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Hey CP, Possible SWR for ya!

Thanks Bruce! I saved both of those, they both look good.
Don't forget that I stole your "Swift" flying wing idea already, that is what the Cyclon powered BATOUTTAHELL!!! is based on.......[8D]
Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm kinda likin that Folkerts. Hows about a few dimesions on that bad boy. I think I can do a mean little TD version.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:13 PM
BMatthews

I can do better than that. I cranked out the Mini Mag in only about 5 hours and that included a lot of ponderin'. I can do something rough but useable for anyone that's built much before in a couple of hours and give it to ya in a DXF or DWG made up of segments that you just copy and save to separate files to print onto legal size paper and then print, cut and tape for the build plans.

But it won't be until next week. I've got a mini motorcycle road race to be in tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Max_Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is that a short race or a short motorcycle?
Old 08-21-2010, 11:50 PM
BMatthews

Full size motorcycles on a course about the size of a ball diamond....

Nope, small kid size motorcycles such as the old YSR 50 and NSR 80 along with mini motocross bikes set up with 125GP front wheels. But the real competition is among all the old grey haired guys in the Thunder class. Stock TTR125's, DRZ125's and Honda CRF100's. All the power of a thousand butterfly sneezes harnessed in this palsy'ed ol' paw....
Old 08-22-2010, 12:09 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful 1930s air racer look. Cant wait to see one built.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:55 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

I can do better than that. I cranked out the Mini Mag in only about 5 hours and that included a lot of ponderin'. I can do something rough but useable for anyone that's built much before in a couple of hours and give it to ya in a DXF or DWG made up of segments that you just copy and save to separate files to print onto legal size paper and then print, cut and tape for the build plans.

But it won't be until next week. I've got a mini motorcycle road race to be in tomorrow.

Are you a YSR50 racer?????? I went to the Can-Am championships back in 1994. Love the little bikes-I've had 2 of them (YSR's) and am on my second Japan spec NSR80 right now.

ETA: The first NSR80 I bought out of a collection-it was owned by the main sponsor for Two Brother Racing, and the team used it for a pit bike. Freddie Spencer, among others, rode that bike. I managed to register it and ride it for a year before some Thieving Scum stole it while I had it parked for 3 hours. It was recovered in June, in a chop shop from the sounds of it. I got a subpoena for Monday, he's looking at 9 months+ as a first timer, maybe more depending on how sophisticated the operation was and number of priors. I'm gonna do everything in my power to see to it he serves every day, and will be asking the judge for a sentence longer than a year because it will mean federal prison instead of the county lock-up.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:29 PM
vicman

I named my son Spencer after Fast Freddie...Is that anything?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:42 PM
BMatthews

ORIGINAL: vicman

I named my son Spencer after Fast Freddie...Is that anything?

Does he know that's who he's named after?

My Mini Road Racer of choice is a Honda XR100 set up with Bridgestone street tires. I'm too tall and too stiff from getting old to fit comfortably on those "Yoga training racks" that the NSR and YSR bikes are like...
Old 08-22-2010, 09:48 PM
vicman

Yeah. His mom wasn't too pleased when she figured it out though. I had no choice, she shot me down at all the other attempts. I really liked the name Nigel.
These were taken a long time ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76464.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1488579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31279.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1488580  
Old 08-24-2010, 01:02 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh good God:

No wonder I feel so at home with this group of nuts, crazy, crazy, crazy. Thank the lord that I am too old and broken up to throw a leg over one of those things. Or maby I could still ride like my old nemises Dick Man. He is same age, 75. Push him out in a wheelchair, start his bike, put him on and away he goes. Still fast I understand. Talk about a devoted crazy. Don't think I was ever that bad. Be honest!!. Well there was the time 1984 at mammouth that I got on my bike on the line with a egg crate on each side, guys helped me off my crutches and onto the bike. Was 3rd or so on the downhill, no good brakes, went down, almost everyone left their tire marks on my body. Ever been a burm guys?? Got even, won overall 1985 and scared myself. Stayed off a bike for two weeks. Well, guess there is a little crazy in all of us. ENJOY
Old 08-24-2010, 04:01 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah. His mom wasn't too pleased when she figured it out though. I had no choice, she shot me down at all the other attempts. I really liked the name Nigel.
These were taken a long time ago.
What about a return to some of the good old names?

Sluggo
Wolfgang
Manfred
Mandrake
Helmut
Magnus
Adolf [nobody's named Adolf any more..weird?]
Kaiser [Kaiser Vicman sounds like a heavy metal drummer]
Wolf
Mandingo
Lothar
Curly
Shemp
Mickey
Willie
Duke
Bo [really a cool name, I've known a few]

Old 08-25-2010, 02:44 AM
DeviousDave

Well, There is no Justice system anymore, just a Legal system.

I waited in the courthouse lobby for 3 and a half hours for the prosecutor to come talk to me before the trial. Apparently, the guy they arrested wasn't in jail because he and his trailer-trash family sat 10 feet in front of me in the lobby and talked about the deal they cut with the prosecutor that would nix the Receiving stolen property charge in exchange for a guilty plea on Getting and Concealing a Motor Vehicle for obliterating the serial number. I still hadn't been called in when he was summoned to the court room so I followed them in in case the prosecutor didn't know I was there. The charges were Getting and Concealing, DUI, Possession of Marijuana, Driving on a Suspended, Driving on the sidewalk, and Probation Violation. Because he is a repeat offender (started at age 16, is 20 now) the Judge was "hard" on him and he got 9 months for the convictions. 45 days of it were for obliterating the serial number on my bike.

I'm absolutely LIVID with the prosecutor's office-I'm writing letters too. I can't believe they would cut his @*% a deal without talking to me first. This is my second bike I have had stolen, I wanted him to suffer HARD for it. The Receiving Stolen Property would have carried a MINIMUM sentence of 1 year in prison by itself, now he's looking at a comfy stay in the county lock up. Maybe I shouldn't be worried, he already has family in the prison system so I expect he will be joining them before long.[:@]

If 1/2A's could be Motorcycles... this would be an .061:
Old 08-25-2010, 09:22 PM
vicman

DD, I remember seeing some of your older posts. You have excellent taste in skoots.
I'm kicking around picking up a TZ250 in a basket at the moment. Not much for riding but great for conversation.

CP, I know you will find this shocking but Magnus actually was one of my other choices. Along with Paxton.
Kaiser Vicman indeed[sm=48_48.gif]
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 AM
DeviousDave

DD, I remember seeing some of your older posts. You have excellent taste in skoots.
I'm kicking around picking up a TZ250 in a basket at the moment. Not much for riding but great for conversation.

CP, I know you will find this shocking but Magnus actually was one of my other choices. Along with Paxton.
Kaiser Vicman indeed[sm=48_48.gif]
An RZ350 motor can be dropped into a TZ chassis, as can a good 450 motocross engine. If you were feeling spendy, there is a company called Two Stroke Shop that has come up with a modern 500CC twin based on the RZ350 cases. It makes some absolutely sick torque-their complete bikes are based on the Aprilia RS250 chassis, but have the HP of a 600 with 30% less weight. Interestingly, they offer either 180 or 90 degree firing orders too.

I'm not sure which I'd rather have, a Harris framed RG500 or one of these... (But I really want an Aprilia SXV550 motor in a 125GP bike frame)