RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/)
-   -   Schoolboy build thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/11049586-schoolboy-build-thread.html)

gene6029 04-25-2012 08:45 AM

RE: Schoolboy build thread

Buzzardbait, glad to hear the schoolboy flew fine F/F:) I'll be useing an escapement in mine & most of the models i had them in years ago ended up flying with out the radio working:D. I still have a Top Flite Schoolmaster NIB to build someday. I probably will use servos in that one!......Gene

Rubbernecker 04-26-2012 08:15 AM

Hey, where is Tee Bee on this? Should be right up his alley. Bet he is lurking out there and is going to pop up with a video flying it.

John

buzzard bait 04-26-2012 08:48 AM

Gene, I was pretty amazed when I saw the equipment you are putting in it! Man, that takes me back. It should be fine that way, in calm conditions.

I had a lot of fun flying the Schoolmaster RO, but it was proportional. When I splurged and bought the elevator servo it did let me get out in the wind a lot more!

Good luck with your projects.

Jim

Tee Bee 04-28-2012 06:00 AM

"Hey, where is Tee Bee on this? Should be right up his alley. Bet he is lurking out there and is going to pop up with a video flying it."

You never know! :) Right up my alley, indeed.

Been busy lately on some non-1/2A stuff. If I mentioned my new electric SE5A or my Top Flite P-51 project, I could be in some serious trouble 'round here. Also gathering stuff for a trip to SMALL next month.

Nice planes, fellas.

Rubbernecker 04-28-2012 06:06 AM

"Been busy lately on some non-1/2A stuff. If I mentioned my new electric SE5A or my Top Flite P-51 project, I could be in some serious trouble 'round here."

Shame on you! :D Naaaa, I like the 1/2 A's alot but I mostly fool around with larger stuff. I even fly those nasty sail planes. Take care.

John

tangerine-jack 04-28-2012 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Rubbernecker

''Been busy lately on some non-1/2A stuff. If I mentioned my new electric SE5A or my Top Flite P-51 project, I could be in some serious trouble 'round here.''

Shame on you! :D Naaaa, I like the 1/2 A's alot but I mostly fool around with larger stuff. I even fly those nasty sail planes. Take care.

John
OH yes, if the guys here only knew what I had in my garage it would be like the old horror movies with the peasants and pitchforks.......

Rubbernecker 04-30-2012 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, here is mine thus far. Some more sanding and I will be ready for doping. Got a little heavy handed on the sandpaper up front and had to glass it.

John

gene6029 05-01-2012 02:03 AM

Nice work Rubbernecker. I wish mine was that far along. At least we are moveing foreward with these....Gene

tangerine-jack 05-05-2012 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right- had an OK day, thousand and one distractions but managed to get the wing covered (mostly) Not so good covering session, my mind wasn't on it and made some mistakes, but it will all come out smooth with a little more work. In keeping with my "cheap" philosophy, I used only what I had laying around, so I'm trying to be creative with red, blue, black and chrome. Well....it ain't gotta look good, it's just gotta fly......

soarrich 05-05-2012 04:04 PM

Looks good to me![sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

tangerine-jack 05-05-2012 05:29 PM

Yeah I guess. It may pass the "10 foot rule" ( or look good from your house in NJ :D ), but I've certainly done better coverings. Oh well, this is my first rudder only and it's survivability is in question anyway, so I'm not sweating the details. If it survives one or two seasons then I'll have learned all I need to about RO and then I can build that big Texaco I've always wanted......

vicman 05-05-2012 05:44 PM

Looking great guys!:)

tangerine-jack 05-19-2012 12:20 PM

Installing radio gear tonight, then landing gear forming tomorrow. Catch me if you can......

gene6029 05-19-2012 12:40 PM

No wy i can catch up to you TJ!. Every weekend this month i have an event to attend. I'll get back on it though as soon as i can. Glad to see you are moveing along though on yours. I'll keep checking this thread to see if there is any progress....Gene

mylamo 05-19-2012 10:44 PM

I built mine from Early RC kit and it has the fully
sheeted wing. Mine flies on a PAW .55 it is a porker
nowadays but still does great at 10 ounces.

mylamo 05-19-2012 11:02 PM

I'll try the picture once more. I cannot make it work.
This site is falling apart.
Ralph

tangerine-jack 07-18-2012 02:15 PM

Oh my, still working on it! Life stuff happened that delayed the build. But not to fear, all I have left is to fit the radio and any last minute stuff (you know the things that are somehow forgotten and take FOREVER to get done?)

Soon to the field.........

gene6029 07-20-2012 03:42 AM

Hey TJ, at least your still working on yours! I got side tracked with so many other projects that i never built my wing yet on mine!!! I'll get back to it one of these rainy days. Glad to see you are still moveing foreward......Gene