RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/)
-   -   Pilot Baby (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/7865759-pilot-baby.html)

rv7driver 08-20-2008 07:15 AM

Pilot Baby

1 Attachment(s)
Guys, thanks to Dru, the pilot Baby plans and templates will be avilable in a few days. Again if you want a copy email me at [email protected] Dru allowed me to open the kit before shipping it to him will go to kinko's today and have them scaned.

Again email me [email protected] Pete

rv7driver 08-20-2008 02:23 PM

RE: Pilot Baby

ok, I got the Baby plans ready, anybody that wants them email me direct at [email protected] again they look as good as the Little Toni! :) Pete

blvdbuzzard 08-20-2008 06:07 PM

I got mine :)

They look good. Just need to get them printed out.

Dru.

lz-23 08-20-2008 08:52 PM

Can I have one please? [email protected]
Thanks

cortacesped 08-21-2008 11:50 AM

Thanks for the plans. I think it will be flying next month (spring time here).

Regards

Claudio

3810 08-21-2008 06:46 PM

Thanks for the plans.

66Malibu 08-22-2008 04:23 PM

Pete, Couldn't get past the error message on your email address. Could you send me a copy of the Pilot Baby plans at your convenience?
Thanks in Advance, Steve

lz-23 08-22-2008 07:10 PM

Thanks for the plans! I'm going to build this baby this winter!

blvdbuzzard 08-22-2008 08:41 PM

So, when does the build thread start? I am trying to figure out if I want to use the AP 061 or the Thunder Tiger 07. The TT weighs twice what the AP does.

So what engines are you guys going to use?

Dru.

lz-23 08-23-2008 09:24 PM

Probably December. I was thinking about Sure Start up front. Don't think something more is really needed for this baby. Sure will be better, but even plain sure start must be able to pull her around...

build light 08-23-2008 10:54 PM

It is a very nice plan indeed and I want to thank Pete for his efforts.

I see several ways to make this plane a lot lighter than the original design and still have a great model to play with.
First I would use a thinner sheet for the fuse. Plans say 3mm (about 1/8") I would use 3/32" and maybe even some lightening holes.
Second I would use firm balsa for the ply bulkheads. The firewall would still be ply.
Third would be the tail feathers. Again I would use 3/32" and use lightening holes for the fin, rudder, stab and elevator.
The structure would still be strong but would land lighter.

One more! Use Doculam for covering. This by itself should do wonders to improve the all up weight.

Robert

blvdbuzzard 08-24-2008 05:19 PM

Well I ordered a new AP hornet 0.061 for this plane. Should be good for this plane. I have 20 or so Sure Starts. I want throttle with this Baby. A 6X4 should pull it really well.

Dru.

P.S. Just finished framing up a Das Not Ugly Stick. Cut the parts last night for the wing, built the wing and fuse this morning. Super simple to build.

ripplewave 09-20-2011 04:16 PM

Does anyone still have a set of these plans?

Thanks

danilo-2 09-20-2011 04:24 PM

Built (and still have) a Pilot 10 which is a 42" version of the above ONLY difference I can spot  besides size is the 10 had tricycle gear.
 Flew Fine  almost EXACTLY the same as my Q Tee.
 Which is to say spiral it up 'till the engine runs out of fuel then try and prolong air time on the way down.
Repeated  a couple of times then realized that it's as boring as watching paint dry.
Sad but true for me
 'My'  thing got hung in the rafters as Too Boring to bother with... it's Still there.. 30 years later  :-)

Remby 09-21-2011 12:28 PM

Built mine from the kit many years ago, powered with a Baby Bee .049, it flew fine with the full sized airborne stuff from the late 70's. A larger tank would have been nice, but it allowed for the take off / landing practace that was needed then.

A very nice model that is great for a learning pilot, or just a lazy day of sky soaring and flying.

I have a least one sheet (#1) of the plane from the kit, it was printed on very thin paper, the other did not survive the years.

I would enjoy getting the plan, and rebuilding this fine model again.

Remby 09-21-2011 12:33 PM

Built mine from the kit many years ago, powered with a Baby Bee .049, it flew fine with the full sized airborne stuff from the late 70's. A larger tank would have been nice, but it allowed for the take off / landing practace that was needed then.

A very nice model that is great for a learning pilot, or just a lazy day of sky soaring and flying.

I have a least one sheet (#1) of the plane from the kit, it was printed on very thin paper, the other did not survive the years.

I would enjoy getting the plan, and rebuilding this fine model again.

stg61abc 09-24-2011 01:47 AM

Howdy gents.
I contacted R7driver yesterday in order to got a copy from the Baby plans, but unfortnately he crashed his computer and lost his plans. [&o]
If possible I wil ask for anyone who got this plans set, if possible, to send me a copy from these plans set.
my email is: [email protected]
Many thanks in advance ;)
Carlo

Motta 09-24-2011 05:20 AM

Great!!!

I need a copy to, I must have.

My e-mail [email protected]

Thank you

skaliwag 09-24-2011 06:19 AM

I'd like a copy also ,, If not too much trouble..

alcarafa 09-24-2011 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: skaliwag

I'd like a copy also ,, If not too much trouble..
Here they are guys plans & building instructions , enjoy !

Motta 09-24-2011 10:33 AM

Gracias Rafa.

stg61abc 09-25-2011 04:56 PM

Many thanks by your kindness Alcarafa !
Great help indeed :)