RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/)
-   -   Looks like Cox is all done (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/8595993-looks-like-cox-all-done.html)

SunnyFlyer09 03-19-2009 09:34 PM

Looks like Cox is all done

Everything is out of stock on their site...I mean everything. (glad I got my surestarts a year ago).

Does this mean that Cox is no more?

SGC 03-19-2009 09:51 PM

RE: Looks like Cox is all done

New Cox engines and parts can be gotten here :- http://xenalook.com/aboutus.aspx

tangerine-jack 03-19-2009 09:58 PM

Cox is done for! Oh no, next thing you'll be saying I can't get a 45 record anymore!

mikegordon10 03-19-2009 09:59 PM

To hell with 45's I want a 78 and a Cox and a Norvel and a 4 track tape of Deep Purple.

tangerine-jack 03-19-2009 10:05 PM

Good one Mike! Hey, I was just passing through Provo yesterday, it's real nice looking with all that snow.

vicman 03-19-2009 10:10 PM

I was thinking about picking up some zinger props too.

4 track??? Does dust come out when you toot?[X(];)

SunnyFlyer09 03-19-2009 11:16 PM

???

flyinrog 03-20-2009 06:37 AM

Is the latest Monkee's album out yet?...Rog

fizzwater2 03-20-2009 06:59 AM

Zingers? How about Rev-Up's, those were good props.

digital_trucker 03-20-2009 08:15 AM

I want Top Flite Super-M props.

P.S. Have you heard of the shortage of Edison Gramophone wax cylinders? Sad, really....

gcb 03-20-2009 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: vicman
I was thinking about picking up some zinger props too.

4 track??? Does dust come out when you toot?[X(];)
4 U young folks an 8 track ran four tracks each direction. Geez, I still have a portable in my shop that plays those...and a couple of tapes! ;) [&o]

No dust (yet!) but the older I get, the more I toot. Now I know why they call us "old farts"...

Might have a Zinger or two...and a few Tornado's including some nylons and a Plasticote wood or two. :D [8D]

George

mikegordon10 03-20-2009 11:21 AM

4 Track tapes came before 8 track. I'll have to check out my toots to see if they do indeed emit dust. I flew my first CL model in the late 60's and learned how to fly RC in 1971. Does this make me a old fart? I sure hope so cause I feel old.

vicman 03-20-2009 11:44 AM

I'm not old enough for the dusty ones yet but I did finally make it to the age where a guy can stand at the urinal and toot with a clean consience and drawers. [sm=49_49.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]

For the younger than me guys that magical age is 35[sm=wink_smile.gif]

mikegordon10 03-20-2009 12:16 PM

Does that mean your only 36? To me you come across as a much older individual.

iflyg450 03-20-2009 12:54 PM

I just want my hair back, I have plenty of Cox and Norvel engines

flying poodle 03-20-2009 01:45 PM

I do not have your hair, but would gladly trade you some of mine or a norvel!

vicman 03-20-2009 03:27 PM

Does that mean your only 36? To me you come across as a much older individual.
I think that was a compliment?:) Yep I'm a few years beyond that. I'd have to be to recognize the value in that skillset wouldn't I?:eek:
If my wife doesn't kill be before July I'll make 42.

Don't get me started on hair, mine was getting wavy back in the late teens early 20s...wavy goodby.[X(]

tangerine-jack 03-20-2009 08:27 PM

Hair is for weaklings....

I guess you are officialy and "old fart" if you remember when Cox was THE name in model planes and still find yourself going to the hardware store to buy an .049 and mufflers were found only on cars, and it wasn't illegal to fly in a schoolyard on Saturday.

OzMo 03-20-2009 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: mikegordon10

4 Track tapes came before 8 track. I'll have to check out my toots to see if they do indeed emit dust. I flew my first CL model in the late 60's and learned how to fly RC in 1971. Does this make me a old fart? I sure hope so cause I feel old.
ERR Ummm The brown stuff on your BVDS ain't dust:):D

BMatthews 03-22-2009 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: mikegordon10

To hell with 45's I want a 78 and a Cox and a Norvel and a 4 track tape of Deep Purple.

Obviously you're an old guy wannabe. We oldsters ALL know that they were 8 tracks.... :D

None of this news should be a surprise to any of us. At least one forward thinking and self sacrificing soul bought out the stock of parts and is offering them to us relics that still enjoy the sound of a screaming .049. Thankyou Xenalook.

BMatthews 03-22-2009 08:43 PM

Sorry Vic but 42 is still a long way from old fart'ism.

And I'd be suspicious about any curly hair donations that come from a guy with a username like flying poodle.....It suggests questionable origins of the commodity....

vicman 03-22-2009 09:06 PM

I like to hang with Raymond he makes me feel like I'm a 10 year old kid:)
Yep 41 (current status) is just getting a little season on the meat for sure. In fact my wife (a year and a half older) is coming around to perfect.[sm=wink_smile.gif]

And I'd be suspicious about any curly hair donations that come from a guy with a username like flying poodle.....It suggests questionable origins of the commodity
ewww... no translation offered.[X(]

Gotta admit when I saw your post I thought this thread was a gonner for off topic...one toot joke and down the tube those guys went.:)

On topic, yep NIB Cox engines are sarce as old guys who are disappointed by movement...any kind of movement.

Remby 03-25-2009 03:25 PM

Cox was on the way out nearly twenty years ago, as the company changed hands over time. But the parts and engines are still with us, and should be for the near future. Keep em flying, and look forward to another guy starting up his ideas, do not want to see history forget it all.

AndyW 03-25-2009 11:59 PM

Old farts may do it with frequency but young farts do it with flair. [X(][:@][X(] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2Wo0CZo2w

AndyW 03-26-2009 12:28 AM

I seem to recall an old, Star Trek episode where one of the minor characters was listening to music on just an ear piece. No wires, no device attached to same. Then there was Picard poking away at a tablet like thingy on his desk. Someone had a good sense of the kind of progress we'd make. Imagine, this was the first example of an Apple computer. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...consisted-of-a Yup, the first personal computer was a laptop. ;)

What's to come? Electric cars??