RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/)
-   -   hey crew (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/9003530-hey-crew.html)

flyinrog 08-09-2009 09:40 PM

hey crew

[&o]
I lost my father tonight...06:30 I know a few of you met him...and at 91 he had a good run,,we took him to the Dr's thursday basically so we could get him in the hosp without him knowing that he wasnt going back home....we told him he was there for observation for a few days till we could get him in a home to fatten and strenghthen him up for a couple weeks which he was ok with but at 08:30 this morning he had a stroke...a nurse ran in this afternoon to wake him saying his heart rate was down to 40...I was welling up and went to walk around the hosp. and when I came back the trauma team was on there way out so, he passed when I went out....just wanted to tell some folks....Rog

hfenn 08-09-2009 10:15 PM

RE: hey crew

My condolences Rog.

combatpigg 08-09-2009 11:05 PM

I'm very sorry Rog. Keep the faith that his spirit is in a better place now.

Take care, Chuck

SGC 08-09-2009 11:40 PM

My condolences Rog.
There isnt much we can say to ease the pain , cept take strength in knowing our thoughts are with you.
Stew

Andrew 08-09-2009 11:41 PM

Rog, my sympathies are with you.

My mother lived to 90 and was active until the very end (for which I'm eternally grateful). While we prepare ourselves for the end, we find we're really never ready.

Condolences,

andrew

Raymond LeFlyr 08-10-2009 06:00 AM

Gee Rog, I'm sorry. Makes me remember how I felt when Mom died. Words just aren't enough.

fizzwater2 08-10-2009 06:53 AM

My sympathies, I know how it feels to lose a father. Your friends and family will be there with you, I'm sure.

build light 08-10-2009 09:10 AM

My heart goes out to you friend. Losing a loved one is about the toughest thing to have to face in life.
I lost my father when I was five back in '62. I understand he was top notch and I did not get to know him later. Lost my mom nine years later. I was 14 and just started high school...

Enough of that. We are with you and behind you Rog.

Robert

rainedave 08-10-2009 09:39 AM

Rog, I'm sorry for your loss. You were a great son to him and gave him a lot of time and care over the last few years. I'm here for you.

David

av8rsodt 08-10-2009 10:38 AM

Rog, sorry to hear about your loss. Neat to see children taking care of their parents in the their years of need (thinking of you and Rainedav in particular).

I just visited my 95 year old grandmother a week ago in Cape Cod, MA. She is going through the home to rest home transition.

Brian

BobHH 08-10-2009 10:45 AM

Rog, sorry to hear about your Dad. You've been a great son to him. Take care of yourself and let us know if you need anything.

Bob Harris

crossman 08-10-2009 10:54 AM

Rog,

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.

God bless you and your father.

hogflyer 08-10-2009 01:21 PM

Rog,

Sorry to hear about loosing your father. I lost my father when I was 21 so I understand the loss you are suffering. You have been very blessed to have been able share so much time with him. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Scott

proptop 08-10-2009 04:31 PM

Rog...there are so many things I could say right now, but don't quite know how to...except, I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss...

I took care of my mom for the last 7 years of her life...
When she passed away in Feb. of '08 I was kinda lost for a while...but family and friends kept me thinking of the good times...
It's pretty tough now, but it will get a little easier as each day goes by...

God bless you and your family...

66Malibu 08-10-2009 05:01 PM

Rog, My condolences for the loss of your father. I lost my father to a stroke in 1985 and by the time I could fly in from Memphis where we lived at the time to Charlotte where we are from, he was gone already. I know the great loss that you feel but you had a great deal of time with him and you will cherish those precious memories. Not a day goes by that I don't still think about my Dad. All the Best to You and your Family. God Bless, Steve........

Scar 08-10-2009 07:05 PM

Gosh, sorry to hear that Rog. My condolences.

Dave Olson

flyinrog 08-10-2009 07:24 PM

,guys, about 10 years ago he sat me down and apologized for having me so late in life as he was 40 when I was born....I looked at him and said ,you gotta be kiddin me, I had a great childhood!!!10 years old with a spyder bike and a tree house..I was king of the world!! In a time when a 10 year old could actually be out of a parents sight with no worries,,a creek 2 blocks away..he taught me how to catch crabs in the sound at Topsail Island,NC which is a family beach....I could go on forever....Rog
The memories are there and I appreciate all of you and your thoughts and prayers...

Deadstik 08-10-2009 09:52 PM

Roger,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. You are on the right track remembering all of the memories that made him such a great Dad to you. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.
You and your family are in my prayers.

Dan

gabe200 08-11-2009 07:03 PM

sorry about youre father

jeffie8696 08-11-2009 08:31 PM

Me too Rog. Hang in there. Sorry dude.

MJD 08-11-2009 09:20 PM

Just saw this, been out of the house a lot. I'm sorry to hear about your father Rog, and my sympathy and kind wishes to you and your family. I was a late one too, my dad was 44 and my mum 40 when I was born, and I wish my father had made it to retirement age - I thought he deserved that at least. Died in 1980 at 63-1/2 years, I was 19. I'm still learning things about him to this day, and will never know enough. For example, he never told any of us this, but we found out earlier this year he had been a Squadron Leader with Pathfinders.. you figure someone might mention that in casual conversation with his airplane-geek sons.. :).

Carpe Deum my friends..

MJD

RocketRob 08-12-2009 07:48 AM

Rog,
My deepest sympathanies. Be happy for the times you shared in later life - be fortunate that he made it long enough to see "the fruits of his labor" and be proud how you turned out!

MJD,
I think our Fathers were from a different breed. Mine was similar and would not tell me any of his accomplishments - especially during his war, college and Cuba years - he always said I would have to hear them from his friends after he was gone - problem now they are mostly gone. I did know he was a tank commander and fought in the Battle of the Bulge and was one bad hombre during his college years. Oh yeah he did mention he was not telling me of his exploits so as not to give me any bad ideas......Dads just get a little bit smarter every year;)

Tee Bee 08-12-2009 04:14 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss, Rog. Sounds like you were lucky to have a great father.

AndyW 08-12-2009 08:04 PM

Rog,

Good memories will sustain you. My dad introduced me to model aircraft when I was 5. I lost him 7 years later but those were the best 7 years of my life. His gift to me was this hobby and here I am at 59 with tears welling up. All the best going forward.

flyinrog 08-12-2009 08:16 PM

Well to end this,,the viewing was wall to wall for the whole 2 hours,,there was a lot of reunioning going on of past neighbors who also hadnt seen each other for long enough not to recognize each other....my brother sister and myself had many friends show up....the basic theme was that he had a good run and only really suffered that last day, on sunday...which none of us realized that he died 5 years to the day that mom died....the funeral was today and he is in a mausaleum (sp?), and now begins the legal mumbo-jumbo...I think my brother hired my brother in law to handle a lot of it...we found papers, bills, checks, dividends, in almost every room today.....he also bought, a lot of junk, and had many magazine subscriptions...donated money to anything that had a cute animal on it,,,I'm good with that as I am a friend of the zoo and dont have to pay to get in , but I do anyway..world wildlife fund....polar bear assitance fund,,,you name it...he wanted to get a poodle a few years back but was afraid he wouldnt be around for it...Dog Fancy was another mag he got....I will probably end up buying out my brother and sister from the house just to make it easier......Yes,even the reverend told of how dad fixed things around the church,,he was the state champion longbow archery champion of Mass...He was born in 1918 and grew up through the depression and told me many times of having only potatoes for dinner.....at 17 his aunt got him an inteview with Bell Laboratories (western electric ((AT&T)) he worked for them 41 years and retired at 62( he started sweeping floors and ended up supervising hundreds of employees)...he was also a Mason...well, thats probably too much info so I'll stop,,he was a great dad...Rog