RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Airplane News getting pushy?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Model Airplane News getting pushy?

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

I got a one year subscription to Model Airplane News last April. A few weeks later they sent a letter saying how glad they where to have me as a subscriber and that they where giving me a chance to increase my subscription by two years. In June I got another letter saying that I'd help the magazine out with postage by going ahead and renewing now so they wont have to mail the renewal notice and as an extra bonus they where going to give me a great rate on a two year subscription. Today I got a ''Renew Your Subscription Now'' letter that contained ''My best renewal deal ever'' letter for a two year subscription for $49.95. I still have seven months to go on my one year subscription!

Don't they know that people are still ticked about losing subscription money when RCM folded and aren't going to make the same mistake twice by buying two or more years of a magazine subscription?
Standard stuff and no one makes you answer to it. One word of caution, however, and that is there are several bogus operations that try to solicit you to make another subscription and your Credit Card is charged before you find out it's bogus. Before doing such, you might be better off if you CALL MAN and check if it is real or not.
Now for all the pseudo intellectuals that are so quick to down MAN, it is standard for a magazine to do these things as they can have a better handle on the available subscribers for their advertisers when negotiating long range planning. Such cuts their costs and makes better reading for the subscribers.

Just cool it!