RCU Forums - View Single Post - The 2.4 Attitude - Does your field have it?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:54 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The 2.4 Attitude - Does your field have it?

ORIGINAL: Charlie P.

ORIGINAL: carrellh

Does the club only allow x amount of flyers in the air at once? Never heard of this.
Four, unless we're doing combat.
Lots of them locally are that way. Four stations. In fact, all Iknow of in the county and surrounding area are that way. We occasionally put up more, but it's rare.

In fact, we usually have only one or two in the air at a time just because we're laid back and there to relax.

Icould keep several of my models up for over 20 minutes if I cared to (by running low and just tooling around). Icould with 72 mHz - same models just now upgraded to 2.4gHz. If guys are hogging the stations you need a by-law against refueling or exchanging batteries while on the flight-line. Make 'em go back to the pits and surrender the pin (or position).
I guess we have a great club; 47 members and on any one day there'll by around 20 of us at the flying field, max. Of that we often have around 10 planes in the sky at once, all flying either 2.4 or 35mhZ or in our case54Mhz. To date we've had only two mid airs and that was simply due to a young newbie with an attitude. He nevers calls for take off or landing, just does his own thing. Even brings his dog to the field, unrestrained. He flies FM.
Other than that no issues, and that because of respect. The blokes all know what planes cost and how much time goes into them. so we steer clear of each other in the air, well clear.

we have a few guys who operate their throttles from a dual rate toggle switch; idle and full bore. when they takeoff we all head over to the braai (barbeque) area for a soda and sausage.
when they land, the rest of us take to the air again.
If we have heli's in the air, we land, give the ceiling fans some airspace.
When the big aerobats come out, we land. no sense having a mid air with one of those.

Consideration starts with people, not with rules