RCU Forums - View Single Post - Moki Engines Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 12:19 PM
pura
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moki Engines Thread

Hi,
Thanks for all the comments/ suggestions. LuvBipes, Thank you for the point on the cycle. I realized in working with the engine on the test stand, that I could never really get it to 4 cycle, I would open and close the needle valve but it really didn't make any difference to the the 2cycle/ 4 cycle. Of course it would run rich, but never 4 cycle.
So in looking at the set-up on the test stand vs. the aircraft, the big difference was the distance of the tank to the engine. In the Aeroworks as with other designs the tank is some distance away and I also had a fuel filler/diverter on the fuel line. Bypassing the filler and setting the low speed wheel to the plus side made it possible to get some runs on the plane, but it is clear that the engine tends to run on the lean side and that after running it for a few minutes it would often die when I tried to vary the throttle. ( Just as you depicted in the videos, Horatio)
I think now that it was over heating. The cowl was off by BTW.
So it seems that lack of sufficient fuel is the source of trouble. I have ordered a Cline regulator but was reading elsewhere that some people suggested using a "header tank". How is that set up and would it make a difference?
Bill