RCU Forums - View Single Post - Time to make the Wife happy...
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to make the Wife happy...

ORIGINAL: Homebrewer

How many Hyundai bashers actuall own one? While I woudn't drive a Tuscon (the ride is harsh), I'd own a Hyundai Santa Fe in a heartbeat if I didn't get an new 07 leftover Grand Cherokee Diesel last year. The mercedes benz diesel in the Grand Cherokee won me over (its quiet, 24-26mpg on highway, 7400 lb towing, its fast (turbo diesel), and will easily last me 300k). There is nothing wrong with Hyundai, just too many folks bashing this company because it is Korean. Yes, i've owned a Hyundai in Korea a while ago. It was very reliable and never failed me in brutal driving conditions in Korea.

''Leading German automotive magazine Auto Bild has awarded Hyundai the top position in the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010. Beating all other manufacturers, including Toyota and renowned German brands BMW and Audi, Hyundai took the prestigious honor based on a comprehensive analysis of reliability, long-term quality and customer satisfaction. As one of the world’s most respected industry quality surveys, the Auto Bild Quality Report 2010 award further demonstrates the gains Hyundai has made in consistently improving the quality of its products, services and customer support.''

'' Hyundai quality improves. J.D. Power and Associates ranks Hyundai 4th in its 2009 Initial Quality Study!

According to the 2009 IQS -Initial Quality Study, Hyundai brand has made a come back and took the fourth spot in the latest quality survey released by renowned J.D. Power and Associates. The Korean car maker has jumped from 13th position achieved in 2008 to fourth in 2009, right behind the top three automakers: Lexus, Porsche and Cadillac.

The annual J.D. Power and Associates quality study measures IQS based on problems reported per 100 vehicles (PP100). With 108 problems per 100 vehicle this year, the industry average has improved when compared to last year (118 problems per 100 vehicles in 2008).

As already mentioned, with only 95 problems per 100 vehicles, Hyundai has taken the fourth spot in the quality survey. Even more important is the fact that Korean largest automaker regained its number 1 status among non-luxury brands, beating Honda at fifth place and Toyota at seventh position. It has happened for the second time that Hyundai has finished among the top four most quality car brands. In 2006, Hyundai “landed” at third position.
Dude I know a guy that used to own a hyundai something... He bought it brand new and two years later the car was falling apart. Bumpers, interior and countless other things. He drove it down 6000 ft and back up a mountain every day but it shouldnt really affect it that much. He even kept pretty good care of it. It got so bad at the end it was being held together with drywall screws.