RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Widget
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

I wasn't even aware of a Fromeco Failsafe Wolverine or Badger switch. Thank you! I like the warning lights idea... I really don't think it was my switch, as the "symptoms" were a dying TX or Rx as the case might turn out to be. I have been using EMS (Electronic Model Systems) heavy-duty switches (with charge jack) that seem to be reliable for lots of years, BUT, true: All that money invested and with a switch being one of the weakest links, WHY NOT THE BEST we can afford?
(And the crowd goes wild with amen and amen!!!) [8D]
BTW, I just test flew my Reactor 58" with the OS 91FX in the nose and though she is a VERY light plane (7lbs with fuel), the power is about equal to my OS 1.20AX in the large Rev. She is definately NOT over-powered, and I am seeing a trend here with GP's power recomendations. If I were GP, I too would reccomend smaller power plants due to less air-frame stress and failures. But, talk about a SWEET flying fun little plane! CG on the Reactor is factory spec and I was so confident by my second flight, I basically flat-stalled it from about 100' feet up, landing at a jogging pace, and she was rock-solid all the way down to compressing the landing gear a wee bit too much. If I wreck this one, betcha a gallon of nitro exhaust fumes that it will be my very own OOPS![X(] Welp... Just another reason to build anudder one.... But still, I woke up missing my large Rev pretty bad. I'd nominate that bird for the top 3 best flyers I have ever owned, hands down...