RCU Forums - View Single Post - C & H ignitions is closed
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:12 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: C & H ignitions is closed

ORIGINAL: bcchi
Maybe .015 was not a good idea. I installed the cyl on a new DL 30 with out the gasket and piston hit the top.With the gasket will not hit.
Will find out Sat if good weather will probably go out and play with engines anyway.I checked a new DL 30 and it was a lot better then my older cyl.
BCCHI Get to running the engine with the Bowman ring. I no fall of the year and lots of chors to do.
BCCHI

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Bill, hang in there friend. Again we are praying for your complete recovery. I am sure many many people are praying for you. Get the rest you need, try not to worry. Like one of my therapist would tell me.......NOT TO WORRY. She was right. God,s speed your way. Capt,n John & Dawn Hesperia MI
Hi John,
Thanks everyone I feel better already.
Spent most of the day Fri,cleaning my old lathe.It is about shot from lack of TLC.I thought I should do somthing usefull.I made a mandrell and was going to take .015 off the bottom of a DL 30 cyl and install a Bowman ring.This was a early c ylinder
not only was it not flat and true but was not aligned with the cyl.I still removed .015 but took about .007to .10 to clean up.Maybe this is the reason you can somtimes free up this engine buy just readjusting the cyl bolts.Was going to install it Sat and see if it made any improvement in the RPM Flew and tached the engine but was to tired to change the cyl and ring at the field.Maybe next sat.This was a early cyl ,so maybe new ones are better. I see the new 30s do not use the rolll pin for alignment of the crankcase halves. When going togeather ,if you have the roll pin leave it out .Install the rear case and just bottom the bolts do not tighten tight,install the cyl and torque the cyl bolts.Then torque down the rear case bolts.When I have time I am going to check a couple more of the cylinders on my other DL 30s. Of course maybe I had better run it first,maybe I ruinded it. I no the Bowman ring helps. If this helps I will be able to do this for other fliers plus install the Bowman ring.Can also convert to rear carb.I am not able to hand crank a engine yet.But frinds do it for me plus have a starter that will turn a 30.Do not even have a starter in my airplane trailor.
Thanks everyone.
BCCHI
And GOD bless.