RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 PM
skowowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Jimi,

It takes about 20 minutes to fit one and that includes the time it takes to for the epoxy to set....

You want the 146mm shaft (16mm flexi insert, 130mm shaft) The shaft is 4mm, the tube is 6mm and the flexi end is 3.2mm.

The flexi coupling is for a 5mm shaft end and a 3.2mm flexi end. You can get different ones for different size motor shafts.

The flexi coupling is a fraction longer than the solid coupling, so you need to get a drill the hole where the prop shaft comes into the board compartment with an 8mm drill bit, make the hole bigger and clear away some of the Chinese epoxy.

You don't even need to epoxy the end on the shaft that comes into the board, only the end nearest the prop, it is seriously that smooth.

You will never need to buy another coupling, maybe a shaft once a year, but that's it. And no more broken motor mounts or the plastic where the motor mounts screw in. And changing motors to re-grease shaft is a 2 minute job.

I wouldn't recommend it if i didn't think you would be blown away by the difference and smoothness.

I have attached three pics for you to see what i mean in regards tomodification. It is very simple. And to remove theprop-shaftyou have already fitted is a 30 second tasks.

Deliver from the UK is about 6 business days.

Thanks for the invite to come live in Geraldton, if the weather continues to be crap, who knows....

Seb

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65182.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1516166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65921.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1516167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz70037.jpg
Views:	39