RCU Forums - View Single Post - Valiant
Thread: Valiant
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 PM
protectedpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Valiant

Hey, Chip.... anybody that can come up with a trick split rudder oughta be able to handle a strake I have one on my Shindens; like the way it flies without the strake, but like it even better with the strake. Still, I'm not an ex-world champ, only learning. I didn't realize the Valiants had found their way into competitors shops down south, though. The setup is pretty straightforward, just use the settings on the Valiant build thread. I've been right there while the exact settings were worked out, it only takes an hour or so after building according to the instructions. My strake took about an hour to build and install. But I don't build much.

You know, on the rudder position, I still have some photos from my hotel room in France where you were having Bryan Hebert modify YOUR rudder post at the '95 WC's. You came in fourth that year, if memory serves. The photos show Bryan changing the angle of the rudder post on the Genesis (nice model.) He'd suggested a different angle to the rudder, as I recall, and did the work on a practice day. You did pretty good with it; I thought you two agreed pretty much at that point on how they should be set up?

Brian

ORIGINAL: Passport1

I am sure that someone has posted about the Valiant but I looked back through a few pages and could not find anything. I rescently had a customer bring one to my Paint shop to finish and I have a few questions. My overall impression is that it is a nice kit, however I do not fully understand a few things and without anytype of instructions I do not want to make a mistake.

He had bought two all white planes and the dates on them are from early 09. He said he had just recieved them but I am not sure. Anyway the rudder servo tray does not even come close to fitting where I think it should go and the battery tray seems to be a long way back according to where the formers fit the fuse.

I have attached a few pics to show what we have been able to do with it, and it is still very lite IMO. The wings were 402 and 403 when we got them and now completely finished they are only 425 each.

The quality of the glass work is superb, however I really must recommend to anyone that is buying one to get it fully painted. Hiding the seams and dealing with all the prehinged surfaces was a lot of work.

My friend is also an F3A pilot and he has asked me to try to set it up the best I can. It seems to me that I remember a few things that I saw on Bret´s and AC´s planes that may have been added after they were finished. Any pics would be appriciated.

I will try to keep you guys posted on the results.

C