RCU Forums - View Single Post - If a treasurer of an AMA club were to steal a large amount of money, what action should take place?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 PM
pa_28r_200
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If a treasurer of an AMA club were to steal a large amount of money, what action should take place?

ORIGINAL: Tampaflyer

but what are you getting for your money...
eventually thats all you'll get from any member. I PAY MY DUES >> TO HECK WITH WHAT HAPPENS ...

when you breed that attitude of i'll just pay my dues and fly, THE CLUB LOSES.

why voulenteer....
why try to reqruit new members....
why promote the club....
why promote the hobby....
why socialize.....
I JUST PAY MY DUES AND FLY.

and don't worry , those people will find a new club and those will pass on and the club will pass on too.

SO , don't be accountable, don't inspire a new group with new ideas, and DRIVE off anyone that may have helped....

YOU TOO WILL BECOME AS OBSOLETE AS THE BUG GY WHIP.

I disagree. I do volunteer..I was out there rebuilding the shelters after a wind storm tore the roof off. I gave a teenage student pilot who couldn't afford it a complete ready to fly airplane, radio and fieldbox, stocked with tools and a starter that I paid for out of my own pocket. I'm also an instructor (intro pilot as well) and regularly bring co-workers, their kids, friends, relatives...yadda..yadda...out there to spark an interest.

The difference is, I'm not going to get my panties all in a wad over this thing. I'd rather direct the thought process towards moving past it.....

I could also make the argument that the only people driving new guys off are the folks that corner the new members at the field and try to push their agenda on them because they disagree with the current leadership...that's cancer man...nobody wants to hear that crap. I know I don't...you bring me a solution ?? I'll listen...all you are doing is complaining but can't offer anything ?? go pound sand buddy..I'm here to get my flying fix and I'm out.....