RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM 50cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Veltro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESM 50cc Corsair

Has anyone spoken with Darrell in the last two weeks about gear for this plane? When I spoke with him two months ago, it was a definite no. Tomas had sent him a set of the ESM's to look at and he said they were decent (they are a copy of his CARF Corsair gear) and he couldn't compete with the price. He felt everyone would buy the ESMs and he would be stuck with a bunch of unsold gear.

I have Darrell's gear for the Bates P-40B that Vic sells the fiberglass fuse for. (I believe they are the same gear for the Skyshark P-40). The strut is the correct length. All you have to do is modify the plane's side rails. The problem is that because they are P-40 gear, the side plates cause the struts to sit on top of the wing skin. If you belly land, you will be sliding down the runway on the struts! I think Darrell could make this gear easily work by making new side plates. They wouldn't have the two braces that a Corsair has, but I don't really care about that. I know I would buy a set of Sierra gear for this plane if Darrell made them.

And, by the way, his scale retractable tail wheel for the Ziroli Corsair is a perfect drop-in fit with no modifications to the tail wheel or the plane required.

Jay