View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Jimi Findrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hi Surfers,
I am gonna run a little theory of mine

Ok.

There is a little RC shop in Gearaldton, it is a small business.
It mostlysells a few cars,
When I started running my surfer I went in and spoke to the guy, he had never seen one before.
Now he is selling Venom boards for about $90.
He also sells 7.4v 4000mAh Venom LiPo's for $99.00
Now we buy 7.4v 4000 mAh Turnigy online for $18 + postage.
He just shook his head and said "I can't even get close".
I asked him to get me an NQD for $75, he said he can't.

My point is nobody in small business can compete with Hobby King or whatever it's called.

However, for a majority of enthusiasts to support a small business parts supplier the prices must be percieved to be at least reasonable, right?
Seb is clearly saying that "Surfcurls" pricing is way outta line, and beyond what could be considered reasonable.

OK.
Maybe this is true and perhaps my mate John P. seriously needs to reflect on all the latest developments that are being mulled on this site.

So I say to you guys.
No one can buy single unassembled NQD hulls yet, right.
But that is what we all want and need.
If this guy could supplySINGLE UNASSEMBLED UNSTICKERED WHITE NQD HULLS at a reasonable price then we would all be interested from time to time.

So I ask you all, "WHAT IS A REASONABLE PRICE FOR ONE"

$?

I reckon about $80 to $90 + post.

Come on then, lets all get our heads together here and then JP can supply us all with what we really need.

I told you some things need to be aired from time to time.
If we all work together to form a general consensus then we can lobby JP to do it.
If he considers it a profitable businessventureI am certain he will truly be an asset to all of us.

If we want to go it alone and get one when they come up for $60 and have to do a lot of work destickering and opening the hull, cleaning all the old epoxy and then reseal we still have that option.
But it will make a new ready to build unassembled hull from JP for $85 or so seem reasonable, don't you think.

Please make suggestions on a reasonable price for such a rare product, one that we will all be stoked to have access to.

Jimi