RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 AM
skowowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Califkid,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it. However, i would like to fight me own battle and keep others out of it. I do not want todividethis forum.

Yeah, making RC Surfers from scratch is a massive task. John from MauiRC has definitely perfected his Surfers.

My first one (Might Mo) was ok, you can see the footage onYouTubeif youhaven'tseen it. My second was better, but my third is 35" is shapedexactlyto the NQD board but about 30% larger in scale. I got the weight down to 2.6kg which is great in calm conditions, but as soon as it blows offshore, the board flies off the back of the wave if it is high on the wave. I will need to add some extra weight to the keel.

It is a rocket and performs well. My only dislike with these boards is that when it wipes out on a large wave, the board can sometimes wash up all the way the beach. My Lisa board is 2kg and it goes under the wave immediately after a wipe out and pops up behind the wave ready to boot out the back again.

So what's your situation, are you new to RC Surfing or been ripping it up for awhile?

Seb