RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new Tornado sport jet
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Rich I actually replied to you this morning maybe you missed it the gear takes 3/8 struts and I did mention that the rabbit would be perfect fit.

We have made 5 airplanes that had different configurations to test several things on this jet. We decided to use longer struts for many reasons, one main reason was that the custom Spring Air retracts and struts offered were designed to bend before causing any damage to the wing structure. The longer struts as well as the off-set that they are built with cause a force vector that is directly linear to the Oleo Leg. The strut will bend straight back instead of creating a twisting moment and then bend causing trauma to the wing structure that your normal " L " strut will have. We are in the process of finishing trailing link struts that will fit into our gear in about 3 months. The struts will be trailing link but will extend straight when no weight is on them allowing them to fit into the wing with out cutting the bottom of the wing.

We have made this plane for one reason and one reason only. As you probably see the plane is very in expensive in comparison to other kits and comes with name brand high quality equipment. We are not making very much money at all selling this kit or the future F-86D that we are releasing because we want to give back to the RC community and increase sales for the vendors that we are using to produce our parts. We have been very fortunate to get a very large contract for our UAV's which has made us very financially stable, thats is why we are doing what we are doing. Jet Cat,Spring Air, Weatronics USA and Graupner has supported our business for several years and now we are trying to move there product aggressively to show our gratitude. Like I said we have a deal with the Jet Cat P60 that will sound almost impossible in November to do just that move product. If you guys have any ideas for future projects we are open to suggestions. As an avid modeler for over 18 years, this hobby has given me a lot and I feel like its time to give back.