RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo & Brushless on a budget.. what would you get?
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Lipo & Brushless on a budget.. what would you get?

ORIGINAL: McWolf_101

First, let me say that I do not wish this to turn into an unnecessary affair. Second, if you believe that we are not paying for a name, why is it that Savöx and Spektrum servos cost less than Team Orion servos when they are the same product with different labels? Moving into 1/1 cars, why is it that the Lexus IS300 is more expensive than the Toyota Altezza when they are essentially the same vehicle? These are just two examples from different product realms, and I am certain that there are more. The truth of the matter is, as human beings, we tend to purchase products based on a name.
Yup you can look at food, eggs in particular seeing it was shown that all the brands come from 3-4 hen houses. Hostess sells their goodies in Aldis as Aldis' brand for a fraction of what I can get it for at other stores under the official Hostess name.
Same thing with kitchen appliances. Whirlpool owns a pile of of the appliance brands. This summer shopping for a fridge bought a Amana which cost $200 less than the Maytag equivalent, they both had the same exact features, and from talking to a service guy they are internally the same. He said the only differences in the 2 models were the handles were a little bit different and the sticker on the top. Part for part internally they were the same.