RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo & Brushless on a budget.. what would you get?
Old 10-30-2010, 11:13 AM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lipo & Brushless on a budget.. what would you get?

ORIGINAL: brickhead179

I just read this forum from start to finish. Why does everyone keep feeding the robbiep. guy? You guys should get back to the topic at the start of this thread. So to the OP..I fly airplanes. They are completely different from cars. If i throw a cheap system in my buggy, i can have a fun basher for cheap. But airplanes require more. They need a system that runs and runs well through stress. So in my experience i have seen that Hobbywing and such companies make nice qualtiy components for rc's. Just dont expect to get data logging capabilities like castle esc can provide. Hobbywing stuff is good qualtiy. They can do what theyre supposed to do. I fly my favorite spitfire with a exceed rc bl motor. I used to have an eflite bl that set me back 60 dollars. It kept messing up and was a crappy experience. Then i got that exceed rc motor for 10 dollars. Came with all parts and accesories and such. For only ten bucks. And just so somme people dont start trolling on me telking me im a china buyer..in that same spitfire i have an eflite esc and an eflite lipo..not cheap at all. All in all, answer the guys question people. He needs to know what he can use for cheap. Doesnt mean he wants a war on his thread about what YOU think is better. He cares about what HE could use. Common guys lets be civil.

Amen!!! I completely agree. I have ten dollar motors flying two hundred plus dollar airplanes. I have tried big money stuff. Why buy it? I can get reliable performance for my planes using off brand stuff that in most cases are built in the same factories using some of the same components as the high end stuff.

I use many items I have bought off ebay and at Hobby King. I would recommend the Turnigy batteries and a Turnigy charger. Mine work great! And not ezxpensive. The motors from HK are really good to I have recieved one bad one. Now discontinued I recieved a credit and bought something else. Turnigy ESC's work well too.