RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horrible Futaba Service Experience
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 03:31 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible Futaba Service Experience

You are comparing a probably complicated TX repair to a simple single board RX repair. Try this; Buy a Hitec TX, wait for warranty to expire, then break it and see if they fix it for free. If they do, you paid too much for the TX. The proof is that they have no problem giving you free service which means they made a mint off you elsewhere, or they are using unskilled labor. I don't know about you, but I don't want some flunky touching my radio gear.

A Hitex RX card probably only costs Hitec $1. A quick snap of the case, pop in the new card and presto, all done. Only cost $1 plus 2 minutes for a minimum wage worker. You don't mention which part your TX required but I bet there was some work involved beyond a 2 minute card swap and I bet a "real" service technician worked on the radio.

$53 for labor is diddly squat. I won't do anything for $53. Have you ever checked what other electronic type service costs? Do you have any idea what it really costs companies to perform service? I think that is the core problem. Most have no clue the costs involved with service so they freak out when they see the bill. Personally, I find this as an insult to the tech. It's like you are saying their time is worthless.