RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Kevinmham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Thanx for the info jimi.   My esc uses a programming card to set battery type.  When I checked it with the card, it turns out it was on NiMh setting.   The funny part was, while using the programming card, I pluged in the battery pack AND a 4 cell receiver pack !  Oops! Bye-Bye bec !
It might still work with a reciever pack, but I don't think that would fit in the board. I haven't tried.  The only esc my local hobby shop had in stock was an Aquacraft 45-amp job.  It does not have a LiPo cut-off, so I'm using HiMhs for now untill I order a better one. At least I can use the surfer, and it seems to work.  The seaking 60a seems popular, so I think I'll get one of those.

When I went surfing today, my spot was as smooth as glass. Hardly a ripple !  Yeah, I'll have to do a bit more searching for a better spot. 

Checking the local surf report in a good idea. That should help.  Am I looking for windy conditions ? I was told you don't want wind. Is this correct ? 

Nice pictures, as well. Your guy is an excellent photographer.   I can understand him not wanting to shoot video as shooting stills is an artform in itself.
   Later, dudes.