RCU Forums - View Single Post - What DON'T you like about your Tx?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:37 AM
IronZ
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What DON'T you like about your Tx?

Hi all!
I'm getting back into the hobby after a few years away. Like a fool, I sold most everything I had and now have to "re-tool" as it were. I'll be purchasing a radio system after the holidays and I'm having trouble deciding. Now, I've been reading all the threads about Spektrum, Futaba, and Hitec (those are the brands I'm considering). I'm aware of the complaints about brownouts, heat, etc. That's not what I'm looking for. I guess I want to know what you feel your Tx is lacking as far as features and such. Do you want to use a certain setup but it won't let you? That kind of thing. I want at least 7 channels so I'm looking at...

Hitec Aurora 9 (radio seems sweet, but I can NOT stand that wire hanging off the back)
Futaba 8FG
Spektrum DX7/8 (leaning towards the 8)

In the past I've used JR, Hitec, and Futaba with no complaints really. I'm not a competitor or anything, just fun-fly and MAYBE some 3D (if I can get good at it hehe). I'll be flying 1.20ish size birds max with gassers on the nose.

My final question is this.... why was it easier to name my daughter than it is picking out a radio? lol

Thanks for any help!

Z