RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hawk Sky - not responding
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
lowkeylaidback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hawk Sky - not responding

Make sure your radioantenna is fully extended up and pointed away from the receiver

Make sure the lead from the ESC that connects to the receiver at the throttle connector is connected correctly. It only works when connected correctly. I think the black or brownwirewill be on top. At this point connect nothing else

Make sure the throttle on the radiois in the off postion(lowest)and make sure the throttle trim buttonis in the lowest position.

Turn on your radio

Connect your ESC to your fully charged battery

A few music tones should play from your power system in the plane.
If you hear one constant tone repeated over and over your receiver and radio are not bound together.
If you hear a small melody then they are bound togetherand your motor should then have power, advance your throttle slowly to test,if it does not have power right away try moving your throttle to full and then no power quickly to arm yourESCand again advance your throttle slowly. Watch your fingers!!!

If none of that works reverse the lead at the receiver for the throttle and start over. All the leads plug into the receiver facing the same way, remember this!!!!

Once you have the motor running correctlyconnect the next lead and test to see what it controls by moving the controls on your radio.
Remember the leads have to go into the receiver correctly.

Took me a bit of time to figure that stuff on on my first plane, which was a Dynam Hawk Sky, one year ago this month!!!!