RCU Forums - View Single Post - Texas group still around?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Saxondog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Texas group still around?

OK by the way,I was asked to describe the technologies. I did not suggest you use 6mm ammo,I stated that systemsexistfrom .177 to .608 and these systems work for our hobby tanks. All I am tying to do is open a discussion of the limitations andpossibleadvances to the hobby. I still have several ships and have posted the new kit I just got the 1/200 Arizona. Iunderstandyour group does not use this scale, fine but the systems changes were the point of the discussion.

Again I ask what has changed? We battle onpropertythat is owned bymuseumsand we have a obligation to public safety. And are required to provide liabilityinsuranceAll states have a limit on Paintball/airsoft weapons and the high FPS do not work well in the tanks as it is to dangerous. Good hits at 100fps are great,30-50 feet at most for hit rates. But I still ask what has changed? Who sells the systems? Where are the kits sold and how have they changed from the Swampworks kit of yesteryear?

Then you say laser sights are not period correct? Ok battling likepirateswith dreadnought type ships is not period correct either. Instead of attacking small sections of my post and taking those sections out of context I will ask some short specific question as I amseriouslyconsidering this hobby and their is a new group in Texas that have built a fine tank/aircraft battlefield and they are considering ships as part of thebattlefield.

Also in traveling to Texas from Tennessee I had considered attending a meet of the group in Texas, and the new armor / aircraft battle group. So let me ask some questions,I am really interested in the answers. I need someguidance.

What psi are the systems? How are they regulated? What is the power source is used CO2 OR Greengas? What size and type of ammo? Are biodegradable bb available in your ammunition size? What about pumps, damage control, rate of fire,ammunitionamounts allowed, how many working guns per ship? Is this still based on size? Who controls the battle? Are their restrictions on the FPM and if so how are the guns checked to verify this regulation isenforced?

Best Regards, Saxondog