RCU Forums - View Single Post - Boomerang TORUS build thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 07:03 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boomerang TORUS build thread

OK here goes.

Got my Torus today so why not start a build thread. It won't be one where I start it tonite and fly it next week, but hopefully will get it done before Xmas!

For power I am taking the JC Super Eagle out of my PST Reaction. The Reaction has been good to me with almost 120 flights on it and still intend to fly it but I have a couple of things I would like to do with it over the winter so I am going to give it a vacation till the spring. Except for a couple of problems that I induced the Eagle has been a flawless performer. Would really like to put a Rhino or Cheetah on the plane but until the tax man gives me some good news after first of the year, the Eagle is paid for.

For retracts I will go with Dream Works trailing links. Ninety percent of my flying is off of various grass fields. I put a set of trailing links in my Reaction after 60 or so flight s with "straight legs" and a whole bunch of retract related problems disappeared.

Radio will be a JR 11x, servos will be various mix of Hitech and JR

On to the plane

Pulled the the plane out of the box and it has a very nice finish. Clear coat over paint. All the markings are already on the plane and clear coated over. Some of that I like, some I dont. Will make it a little difficult to individualize the plane but it can be worked around.

The center section is all one piece. Very nice. And lots of room to work

If anyone else would to post build tips please feel free.

Here are few pictures to get started.

Mike