RCU Forums - View Single Post - whats so good about 2.4 ghz?!?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats so good about 2.4 ghz?!?!?!?

TBJ, when it comes to 2.4 Ghz discussion, you sound like the lipo/brushless motor hater crowd who want to hold on to their dear decade year old Nicads/Nimh and brushed 8t motors for racing and speed runs. Well, except you're not claiming 2.4 Ghz will catch fire and burn the house/car/whatever down.

A cell tower is not propogating at the 75 or 27Mhz frequencies either last I checked. If anything it's more likely spamming 850MHz to 2100 MHz depending on the carrier. Theoretically the 2.4 GHz radio would be more likely to glitch in that scenario due to 1/2 frequency harmonic interference (that's from what I understand, however 1.2 GHz is not used for cellphones so that may be why we're immune so to speak).

I have the exact same experience as Intenva and did the same things to troubleshoot as he described. Even my Futaba 2PL FM radio glitched on the brushless Emaxx and Rustler. Compared to AM I got a bit more range out of the FM in the Rustler before glitching like crazy, while the Emaxx fared better and depended on where I was. On my Nitro Hawk the FM glitched due to vibrations or something, the AM worked better in fact.

I live in a suburban neighborhood with a large open park on one corner and school across the street.

With my Futaba 2.4 Ghz I should be more susceptible to local neighborhood Wi-Fi signals (there's about 6-7 wifi lans that show up on my computer) or would think that would be the case. However I have gone far enough to lose orientation of the truck and not had it glitch in between anywhere like my Futaba FM radio did.