RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pump Limit Reached
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 01:14 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pump Limit Reached

Roy:

Sorry for being "Ghost like" for the past few days. . .FLU . . .and it really knocked me on my backside.

I just went through this with Lewis. . .by process of elimination Lewis concluded and I agree, the fuel pump solenoid was in the process of failing. bypassing it brought the turbine to life.

High PW is indicative of only one thing. . .a fuel restriction within the system. Since you have or will replace the UAT if the problem persists, next, bypass the fuel pump solenoid,(CAUTION, open the ON/OFF valve slowly during preheat) run and verify. If the problem still exists, change the Festo On/Off unit, run and verify. Last, connect the pump directly to a fuel source which is not part of the aircraft fuel system, run and verify.

If this is a new jet, please check to see if the brass fuel tubing used in the assembly of the fuel tank is cut clean and not "knurled in" which can happen when the mfg. of the jet kit may have used a tubing cutter. I experienced this with a FBJ MB-339 kit. The Super Eagle simply could not get the fuel needed.

Give me a call anytime to further discuss, or order a replacement part. We can work together to eliminate the issue.

Regards,
Eric