RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba FAAST vs Spektrum/JR Spread Spectrum
Old 11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Futaba FAAST vs Spektrum/JR Spread Spectrum

ORIGINAL: ggraham500

So do you have the Quanum 2.4Ghz Telemetry System Temp/Amp add-on for each model you are interested in for the readings and have the data sent to the Quanum 2.4Ghz Telemetry System (Volt/Amp/Temp/mAh) V2?
I have version 1 which transmits battey voltage only. Bought it 6-8 months ago.

Currently I move the onboard transmitter from plane to plane when installing the LiPo, not really a big deal to do so as the hatches are open and you are handling battery packs anyway. I do plan to order another transmitter and several of the new flexible antennas in the future.

Version 1 does not support the other features and I'm not really interested in those readings at this time. I'm pretty careful with my electric setups to minimize potential temp and Amp overloads. Monitoring battery voltages can tell you quickly if something is awry. The numerical read out per cell is pretty sensitive so a rapid dip in voltage anywhere indicates it is time to power off, land and check things out.

The Aurora's built in Tx/Rx voltage monitor is something I envy and would like to see that in all radios as many crashes are due to those very battery packs.