RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba to JR Servo Adaptors
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: Futaba to JR Servo Adaptors

ORIGINAL: carrellh

Depending on what transmitter and receiver you have, it may not make sense to spend any money having it modified.
This is so true. Hard to justify "narrow banding" anything these days, when for less then $200(Spektrum DX6i $149) you can get a brand new transmitter, that comes with a fresh battery too...not to mention a factory warranty. I think the whole set(servos and all)is right at $229 if that.

I've got an older Futaba 6FG that's a great radio.. narrow band and all... but I can't even justify $40 for the required transmitter battery.... part of the reason is I now have ONE transmitter that operates everything.... and that makes it hard to upgrade something thats 20yrs old... not to mention the features on a current radio absolutely blow away anything from 20yrs ago.

Most any radio that would need narrow banding, also would need new batteries.. unless you've done that already... but with all the issues of "servo adapters" or new servo-leads..(those aren't cheap by any means either), plus the knowledge/skill to make it all work... you just might be better off(or your planes will be) by thinking about a new radio set. Just food for thought.

You might share exactly what you have radio/flight-pack wise, and where your at with it, as there's alot of experience on these boards, and I'm sure in this thread alone that would be more then happy to steer you in the right direction, and possibly SAVE you some money and trouble in the long run.