RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM 50cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 AM
JRflyhigh
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM 50cc Corsair

Hey Gentlemen

I have been following the 50cc corsair threads, and dug up a little information. First of all I spoke with Sierra Giant today and they will be producing a set of retracts for the 50cc corsair should be available in about 3-4 months. They want enough people to call and say, "Count Me In". I would take the Sierra retracts over any other brand, when it comes to the amount that goes into the plane it's worth it. They said around 400-500 will get you a set a little pricy, not to far off esm retracts. The 50cc corsair retracts by ESM are scaled down copy of sierras comp arf retracts. ESM over in China got a hold of a set and made a few changes that could result in failure. To make a longer story short I will be going with sierra, if you can wait it out should be worth it. Also he said they are unsure about going with the rear down lock on the system, they wanted a bit of input from the customers on the dilemma. They do look better with the down lock or what have you.

Second: Arf-pros will be getting a shipment in December they said there has been a lot of 50cc reservations. So naturally I had to pre order one as well.

Tom, I also will be going with the Saito 450r in my plane, awesome sounding and looking engine. The cowl is 10.25 inches and the engine 9.8 inches so a difference of .45 inch, so about 1/2 inch clearance all around the engine. Should fit like a glove. My only question is mounting it on the telescoping tube they call an engine mount, that might have to be changed. If you beat me their let me know how you do and any problems you encounter.

Third: I want to go scale as possible cockpit, pilot, retracts, doors, tail retract, sliding canopy, solo prop, and a scale exhaust system. It's going to get expensive but what the hell you only live life once "Just don't tell the wife that or I might be gone a bit sooner than planned". She will get heavy but the 75cc should do the trick.

If anyone out there is looking for the ESM 74" I have one for sale. Decided to go with the 50cc so I have a brand new in box 74" with full Sierra retracts, sierra 4" aluminum"rims/tires, and sierra air control kit. With and optional Saito 150 just broke in, with on board glow driver, two props and hub.

Keep me posted boys and lets see some videos.

JRflyhigh