RCU Forums - View Single Post - Adios, Hitec
Thread: Adios, Hitec
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
2boys

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adios, Hitec

I've had a bunch of radios in my life. Mostly Futaba. Airtronics wasn't bad either. So when I bought the latest 3 ch Hitec for a small plane to buzz around empty cornfields, I thought is was ok enough. So I bought another. This is when revelations, and seeing burning bushes happens. The Laser 4, eh, it has it's points. But I have learned the hard way. Never attempt to change anything. A radio set from Hitec is written in stone. There will be no switching servos or receivers. So you'd best be completely satisfied with what you've got. But you won't.

And I quote the Hitec manual-

You will not do any damage to your equipment if the
plugs are inserted backwards, the servo will just not
work, reverse the plug for proper operation.
Uh huh, 3 popped servos later... I can tell youthat's BULL! That 05MG I bought, cooked them in a millisecond. Because Hitec very thoughtfully didn't polarize or label jack sh*(t. Now, even if you could get the blooming contraption to work, don't bother. This is when I learn that the way to fix those jittering servos Hitec can't seem to resolve, is to put JR servos on instead! Nice. Real... nice.

I'll invite everyone to do some research on Hitec before they buy. But you'll be like me, back to Futaba. Speaking of.. I took what's left of my radio budget for the next 10 years (after dealing with Hitec), and bought a Futaba 6 ch computer radio off of ebay. I opened up this used radio and receiver, turn it on and it fired up. I plugged in every servo that 7 ch receiver could handle. Oh wow! It WORKS! How come used old stuff works better than Hitec new out of the box? I download the manual on this T6XA. Holy crap! A REAL manual! 64 pages long. That's 63 pages longer than anything I have ever downloaded from Hitec.

Hitecyou suck! With you, it's money money money. And nothing ever works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e8W194ETDY[/youtube]