RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec RX/TX comms problem
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 AM
PeacefulWarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec RX/TX comms problem

Hi there Y'all,

I am very new to the RC world, and see there is plenty of learning ahead for me.

I have a TX / RX problem and was hoping you can assist me in fault finding this error :-)

Some time back I purchased a plane-kit, which was unfinished and had been sitting for several years in a box, so batteries were quite old.

Everything was working fine initially in terms of the RX/TX controlling all the servos.

Prior to my first lesson, I noticed that the TX battery was in bad shape, and was not charging fully, (8.4v) the TX battery alarm was sounding on Radio although still working and controlling to servos.

I purchased new batteries for both TX and RX which I then charged prior to using, unfortunately I mistakedly forgot to unplug and theycharged for over 24hours.

Both RX and TX batteries report being fully charged both with a multimeter as well as the RX LCD display voltage reading.

Now there is NO comms/servo control between RX and TX.
When I powerup the RX first and then the TX theservos 'glitch'(not sure what the correct word is) but they basically'flinch'but there is no control from the RX?For me this means there must be "some comms" between the two?
I know 'now' that this is the wrong sequence to start up, could that be the cause?

Please help :-0
I looked thro quite a few forums and thought it may be due to the batteries, or perhaps the chrystals?

Any thoughts areMOSTwelcome.
RADIO SET: TX is "Hitec Flash 5" and RX is "Hitec Supreme HFD-07RA" running on ch61 - 30 010 Mhz frequency range