RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aiptek lipo?
Thread: Aiptek lipo?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 AM
pilot error

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aiptek lipo?

Hi Jake,
Well i'm still without a lipo for the trioHD, so if you want to sell a lipo, 1200 mah sounds good, I'd like to buy!
I loved the footage I got from the trio, shame it just sits on a shelf lol
Thanks again,
Chris.

ORIGINAL: pilot error

ORIGINAL: beladog

hi,
don't wanna just drop in here on you fun project but thought I may be able to help.
I have converted a few Aipteks for fpv and sell them over on that other site. [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1316230[/link]
I can tell you that the mid lead you are concerned about is USELESS. It was installed on a small chip board and is patched to a small resister off the neg lead. It serves no purpose unless your camera has a low voltage indicator, which I dont believe it does.
What I do for my cameras is wire a lead to the outside tabs on the camera (right + left -) and install a servo or JST connector on the other end. You can now plug your cam directly into your receiver (5.1VMax) and power your cam off the flight battery. They draw a really small amount of juice, at least the big brothers do, (AHD Pro/plus etc etc) in the range of 150 to 200 MAh.
If you want to use the cam outside the plane I have about twenty batteries lying around here I could send you a replacement one if you want. They will drop right in the stock loca and would be an easy fix. I also have some 1200MAh that are the same size but will run about twice as long.
best,
Jake
c