RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rcexl Opto Gas Engine Kill Switch v1.2
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:21 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rcexl Opto Gas Engine Kill Switch v1.2

I just installed one of these. I haven't tested it with the engine running, but bench checks look good except for one thing.

First, with the tx on, then rx on, then ignition on, the red opto-ignition LED lights up. If I active the switch for the channel on the tx I'm using to 'off', the LED goes out. So far so good. If I turn the IGN switch off, LED out. Good. OK, IGN back on, rx off...LED goes out. Good. Now, with everything back powered up, if I turn the radio off the LED stays on. Is this correct?

Seems to me the LED should go out, indicating power has been removed from the ignition system due to transmitter failure/loss of signal. I'm using a JR R921 rx, and when I turn the radio off, as expected the LED lights on the main unit and on the satellite rx's extinguish. I would think the ignition LED should also extinguish, but it doesn't.

Again, I have not tested with the engine running (ran out of time today), so I don't know if the engine will in fact shut down in this situation, even with the ignition LED 'on.'