RCU Forums - View Single Post - Digital servo affecting analog servo
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 08:38 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Digital servo affecting analog servo

ORIGINAL: Magicdude Is it normal for a throttle digital servo to make the analog servo working the elevator jump around? Are the two compatable? I'm using a 72mh Futaba TX with a Seeker 6 RX on a combat plane. I've substitued another RX and replaced the digital servo with another digital and the elevator still jerks around. Everything works fine using only analog servos. Do I need to use only analog servos?
Under normal circumstances, providing that the digital and analogue servos are not on same RXinput channel via a "Y" or similar, then there is no problem. However, if the digital is on to thin an extension lead* or there is a long extension to the elevator servo, these can cause problems. Digital servos must be connected with HD, prefereably twisted, extension leads and are more prone to problems withbad connections~ or batteries.
*.To obtain the high standing torque and quick response, digital servos require more from the power source than standard servos. Use heavy duty harnesses, anda larger capacity battery to ensure proper servo performance.
~. Mixed brand of plugs - some after market/other brandlook similar and tight but can be a loose fit on pins, even new name brand leadshave proven faulty.

See also sub Section "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures " under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Regards
Alan T.