RCU Forums - View Single Post - .30 Saito gold anniversary edition
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 06:43 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .30 Saito gold anniversary edition

Hi guys....I have been fortunate enough to acquire one of these gems, in fact, just picked it up today at the post office. This is one sweet engine! Now that I have stopped fondling it, I'll ask the question. What should I put it in? Yes, I actually want to use it for a while before putting it on the dispaly stand. I would like to put it on a vintage or 'oldie' type model. I am considering the Early Models rendition of the Champ, but am not sure it will accommodate a .30 four stroke engine. Can anyone comment on that? Have also considered the .40 size Taube (Balsa USA). Do you think this model is too large for the Saito? I even considered the Stik Trainer Plus (Balsa USA) as this has almost reached 'oldie' status and would definitely highlight the engine! Does anyone have another suggestion? The issue for me is, just how much power does this engine have... I am assuming, about as much as a 2 stroke .25, so maybe the average .40 size model is too much for it. Looking forward to your feedback.

JT