RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phase 3 EF - 16
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phase 3 EF - 16

Great Bobby on the successful flights your 4s set-up but, sorry about the loss on the 6s. Hope it's repairable and it's flying again real soon. Thanks for the info on the vids. I'll be sure to take a look.
As you can tell, I'm very new to EDFs and still struggling to figure out what's possible with them. I have most of the parts to assemble my self-contained catapult but, need to find the right pulleys and find a place that sells bungee cord by the foot.
Wish I had built my latest bird lighter so I could do my own hand-launch. It does fly great when airborne but, getting it there is a challenge. I've discovered that launching by hand takes a little talent. I've found two guys at our field that know how and one that doesn't but, launches with all three have botched some throws. I think my catapult will eliminate that if I build it right.
I'm looking forward to flying it on a better, higher C, battery. Maybe Santa will bring me a couple.
I've been thinking about installing a better motor and ESC but, want to get proficient with what I have first. My current model is plenty quick for my old brain to keep up with and I'm enjoying the challenge.
I also have a HL F35 with TV and it's a pure joy to fly. I haven't delved into the TV too much yet as it gets a little scary when I do. The maneuverability is amazing.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you and yours.
RJ