RCU Forums - View Single Post - .30 Saito gold anniversary edition
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .30 Saito gold anniversary edition

Holly Molly! I guess a few of us have reached vintage status, as well! I have a half century of rc flying under my belt, too. Of course I stared flying when I was three (so I lied LOL!!). My first transmitter was a ground based box, with a long antennae screwed on the side, and a long cord with a micro switch for keying commands - like one blip for right and two for left. The receiver had tubes as well. I believe the system was an E.D. from England. I still have it somewhere in the basement. At the time I had it installed in a J-3 Cub (about a 6 foot span), powered by a Veco .19, and one escapment for rudder only. I didn't have a whole lot of of success with this arrangement but as a teenager, enthusiasm made up for this. The last few years I have been heavy into 'speed' prop jets and quickee racers (all Jett powered), but I think I'llk take a rest and do something relaxing - like this project. And I will keep you fellows abreast of my progress. I will likely begin the Champ after Christmas, assuming I have it by then. Look for it under the vintage forum under something like - Saito/Champ Project. Until then....Cheers - JT