RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX7 Crashed Two Planes
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX7 Crashed Two Planes

Text in red inserted by Zor as a response.

ORIGINAL: pdm52956

Zor, I hope you figure out what's causing your issue with the rx and tx. I'd be interested to know what you find out. I will keep posting my findings (if any) and keep the fellows posted. It is nice to see some fellows interested. I started with the DX6i and have a different thought process when it comes to rx voltage. I've upgraded to the 9503, but I'll continue to fly with higher voltage rx packs that I feel feel more comfortable with. Of course I could easily go to 6 volts and forget the problem if that solves what is occurring here. I am a different kind of individual and I am keen to find out if what the manufacturers are saying is factual or misleading information. Things like at what "INSTANTANEOUS" voltage does the brownout occur ? 4.8 v or 3.5 v or 3.2 v. (read nearby postings).

I for one would NEVER run a 4.8 battery on a Spectrum rx. Been there done that. Doesn't mean your problem is the same as the one I had, I just won't take that chance.
Do not blame you a bit. I may have to end up there with 6 volts.
I've seen brown out conditions during bench tests at times that you would think it should NOT have happened. Now I'm no electrical geru by any means, but the use of a higher voltage battery possibly being the difference between bringing one home in a bag or on it's wheels tied down in my trailer, I choose the battery every time.
You can keep your 6 volts batteries, Just give me the trailer ___Hee Hee !!! (laughing).
I'll be following this thread with interest to see what you come up with. Good luck and happy flying!
I do have a fairly good oscilloscope that will be used again soon. My oscilloscope does have DC capability. That should be interesting. I have posted oscilloscope screens before successfully on other topics.
More soon as I find time. Leisure times only as this is a hobby.

Best regards always,

Zor