RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX7 Crashed Two Planes
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DX7 Crashed Two Planes

Being a great believer in" the easy way first" - I once had a similiar experience and found out I was spinning my wheels
The reason being I had plugged in the servos backward
The next time I ran into "what's going on here" situation with the then new 2.4 Spektrum, I got another tx and tried comparison tests
Any Spektrum tx which is DSM2 compatible, binds up in th same fashion

1- insert bind plug
2 - add rx power

3 turn on tx with bind activator engaged -these button/switches roller-may differ but the sequence remains the same .

Onc the rx makes friends with the tx, the lights go solid - then the servos are coupled up. The tx and the RX do talk together and a determination is made -within the tx - as to what type rx is being bound.
No exceptions- this interplay insures any rx being connected gets THE CORRECT INFO
At this point realease bind on the tx - remove bind plug from rx and from THAT time on , the bind stays engaged unless you activate the bind button at the wrong time and kill the relationship
This happens is if you activate bind on the tx BEFORE the rx is turned on again-
This happened to some people who set their tx against a backstop which rested against the bind button- or to others who simply dumb thumbed the bind switch before bind was complete.

So save yourself anguish - borrow a TX (DSM2) and see if you get different results
You don't need a scope to operate these radios - really - just make meaningful simple tests . And -also- do a review on inf about how batteries work under load - this is a oftimes misunderstood thing which has caught quite a few .
Try one of the reviews by battery pack supplier ( No BS etc..)