RCU Forums - View Single Post - MHZ Z-drives
Thread: MHZ Z-drives
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:23 PM
FlogginHarvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MHZ Z-drives

ORIGINAL: triniturbine

I hve a pair of z drives installed in a 70in phantom hull with an inline whh zenoah.I am having a problem filling the z rives version 111 with the oil.I have the adapter kit that I got from mhz germany but when i fill the drives with the moly lube oil the oil comes out of the propshaft as per the instructions but the problem is that i cannot get any oil to come out of the the top of the drive through the breather hole as per the instructions.Everytime i attempt to continue filling the drive with oil the hose keeps slipping off as the force required is very great.I cannot see this as normal.Did anyone have a similar experience with this .I have tried calling and emailing mhz germany to get advise on this but I have had no success as Shirley is not well.Can anyone shed some light on this problem that I seem to be having.jason
I had an issue with that on my S6's (same setup basically) and I completely removed the top, breather screw from the unit and went REALLY slow when filling the drive. Too much pressure too quick and POOF...oil EVERYWHERE! LOL

If you want you can also put a small zip-tie on the nipple fitting barb over the fill-hose from the siringe. That should help...but most important...take your time when filling. Going too fast makes too much pressure.

sorry to ehar about Shirley! I hope she gets better in a hurry!!!