RCU Forums - View Single Post - TBM Shock Jet
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TBM Shock Jet

Both of my SJ's have hs645 flap servos and both make a bit of noise at times in the "up" position. They also both have the original factory-installed CA hinges. None of this seems to be a problem at all. I too thought about going to Robart-type hinges, but to be truly effective, they require a fair depth of wood to drill the hole into for them. I doubt the SJ's hinge spars are that thick. Just keep a close eye on the hinges along with everything else, and I think you'll find them to be fine. As far as the flap servos, the comment about adjusting the end-points carefully should be taken as gospel. If they end up slightly down from the ideal up position, it won't hurt, and you'll never notice anyway. A binding servo, on the other hand, could be fatal due to it's draining of the battery far sooner than you expect. No offense, but I've noticed that a lot of guys seem to be over-thinking this airplane. My first SJ was my first jet. I put it together exactly according to the instructions, used all of the servos they called for and ended up with a fun, reliable jet that requires little more than fuel, charged batteries and a pilot willing to do his (my) part. Best $500 bucks I ever spent.