RCU Forums - View Single Post - Re-use older transmitter?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Nutty_Gnome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-use older transmitter?

Hello!

I'm returning to the sport of R/C aviation after a 12 year hiatus (college/grad school/marriage etc...). Much of my old equipment was sold years ago to make room in the basement. However, a JR-Propo 6 channel Max Computer PCM transmitter remains. The batteries are dead, I don't have a charger and I don't have a flight pack that I could use to test the thing even if it were powered. This brings me to my questions:

First, is it generally necessary to send a transmitter that has not been used in a decade to the factory (or any user recommended shop) for re-tuning as well as replacement batteries? Or, can I just purchase a replacement NiCd pack and a charger and a receiver with the same frequency and not worry about the tuning?

Second, it’s a computer radio and the LCD is tiny. The computer controls don't appear to be complex, but I am wondering if anyone keeps or publishes the old JR radio manuals on the web?

Third, is there any special consideration I need to make before buying a flight pack to work with the radio? Obviously it needs to be on the same frequency, but will any 7 channel universal receiver work with the JR system? Do I have to specify a receiver with PCM or do they all do that now?

Lastly, the sticker on the back says 72.670 and the tags that I found near the radio say 44. Can anyone confirm that is 72.670 is actually channel 44?

Thank you in advance for considering these conundrums!

-NG