RCU Forums - View Single Post - Re-use older transmitter?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 03:22 AM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-use older transmitter?

Nutty...72.670mhz is indeed channel 44. Yes you will need a "PCM" receiver to work with a PCM transmitter(the more common receivers are FM and not compatible).You will also have to match the coding byte (either 512 or 1024).I don't know if JR has used both in different radios or not (Current Futaba PCM radios are 1024 resolution,But they did sell at least one radio with 512 resolution and it won't work with their current receivers).
As to the question of retuning,That's a subject for debate. There are still folks that recommend having your radio tuned yearly. Other folks wouln't consider it unless they were wanting to change the frequency.Personally, I'm somewhere between the two extremes.I don't think modern electronics need retuning very frequently(the advent of silver mica, and tantalum capacitors greatly reduced frequency drift a couple decades ago).On the other hand 10 years is a long time, and lots of things (bumps,jostles, etc.) can happen in storage. The fact that you would consider the potential need to re tune, speaks well of your conscientious operation of your equipment."Do what it takes tomake you feel confidant in the equipment, and you'll be doing the right thing."