RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX7 Service Bulletin
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX7 Service Bulletin

Iflyglow,

It appears you have not really followed my situation wih my new DX7.

I have never seen so Drama over a radio that works awesome.

I wonder where you have seen any "drama". I certainly did not make any drama here.
A while ago I reported an occurrence in which the system seemed to be bound and Ihad no servo response. It occurred twice the same morning and has not occurred since. Oher fellows also reported they had experienced the same phenomena. There is no drama in such reports.

I and many others have been useing the DX7 for several years without any problems. I have used the DX7 in everything from 120MPH sport planes to 1/4 scale aircraft and have never had any troubles whatsoever.

Many fellows have reported loosing (crashing) because of their radio. If that is what you have in mind and are referring to as a "drama" then plesae do not attribute it to me.
I do not see what the speed or size of the airplane has to do with radio response.

What is the big deal with sending it in to have Horizon fix the programming glitch that only people with 11 or more planes would even notice, since it only effects model match which the other manufactures like Futaba do not even offer. Its fairly easy to send it in for a flash of the computer if you are worried.

Nowhere have I mentioned that I am worried. For your knowledge it is not as easy as you seem to think to send items for repair across the border. We have to fill export forms in six copies, attach details of the purpose of the export, it has to be handled by a broker at a broker's minimum cost. Etc...

Oh by the way, this is the only problem that I have ever been aware of pertaining to the DX7 and I have looked through the list on there web site, if you would even call it a problem.

You would not expect the website to come out and openly declare "Hey everyone ___we have a problem with our DX7 system" ___ would you ?
iflyglow,

This is a problem only in the sense that there is a glitch in recalling the stored memories 11 to 20. and also the fact that myself and othershave reported having experienced no servo responses while the binding seem to be good.

I did not see anyone making a mountain out of that molehill .
Note that the marketing people did not mention this problem. It was posted by one of our friends in this forum. It was confirmed to me verbally by the gentleman who answered the phone at the distributor/importer.

I think we can calm down and handle things our own way.

Havea wonderful Xmas this coming weekend. Wishing you all the best.

Zor