RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to forum and Hobby
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 PM
u4iia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum and Hobby

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Holiday. Well, between work, kids, and holidays I have finally broke in my Tornado S30. I just wanted to share myperspectivewith otherbeginnerssuch as my self. The first thing I did when I unpacked my car was read the instructions several times. I then went to my LHS and picked up air filter oil, and fuel and advice. I then made sure I had every tool listed in the instructions including blue locktite.
I applied blue locktight to every metal to metal screw and tightened every screw I could find then set the mesh per the instructions and applied locktight to motor mount screws. I did purchase the starter kit and im glad I did. I followed my break in proceduresreligiouslyand had no problems starting and breaking in the engine. Make sure to keep yourignitercharged. As a matter of fact as soon as i got the motor started I threw it back on the charger. Further, wear some old clothes, no matter how careful I was I got nitro on me. My motor spit allot of oil out duringbreak-in. I used Sidewinder fuel by Morgan Fuel. Its seems to work great, but, I am new to thehobbyand really have nothing to compare it too. I ordered a temp gun from tempguns.com for $30. It was very handy. Not only do i use it for tuning and breaking in my motor, I use it for myaquarium and cooking, etc. I did order andinstalla fuel filter and upgraded aluminiumair filter. Further, I ordered an extra glow plug. I also picked up after-run oil at my LHS. Ok here come the questions:

1. Do I need after run oil? The instructions on my fuel bottle said not to use it with their particular fuel. ????
2. I have been reading allot aboutdifferentiallubrication in this forum. I am a little confused. Should I open up the front and rear and check for lubrication? What about the center?
3. What is thedifferencebetween a hot and cold type glow plug. I ordered a HOT one. It has been 35 to 50F when I run the tornado